Spyware and Virus Removal
Viruses, Adware, Spyware, Trojans, Worms, Browser Hijackers, Ransomware, Rogue Software…. The list of nasties that can infect your computer is a long as it is disturbing. All these programs (collectively referred to as malware) are specifically designed to subvert your computer’s security and deliver their ‘payload’. Whether their purpose is to simply make you click on annoying adverts or record and transmit your personal details to identity thieves, they act very quickly which means they may cause irreversible damage if you don’t act quickly to eradicate them. If you are not equipped with the knowledge or skill to stop a deadly virus in its tracks, we’d be happy to deal with it for you. Simply give us a call today on 01329 801013 and we’ll arrange a convenient time for one of our technicians to visit your home (or office). Alternatively you can drop your computer into our workshop for us to assess (there is free customer parking right outside).
Afflicted With Malware?
Infected By A Virus?
Not A Good Sign!
Malware Removal Specialists
We’ve helped many companies and individuals in the Fareham area remove spyware, viruses and all kinds of malware.
- Before doing anything it’s important to isolate the infected device by disconnecting it from any networks to prevent further infection.
- Next ensure the device is backed up to prevent any unexpected data loss.
- Run a complete virus scan and contain the infected files.
- Remove of all traces of malware from the system, replacing any damaged or corrupted files.
- Finally update and/ or install antivirus software to prevent any reoccurence.
Virus & Spyware Prevention
- Always ensure you have an up-to-date Virus Protection program running on your computer. Free options like AVG or Microsoft Security Essentials are perfectly adequate.
- Only use one Anti-Virus program. Virus definition files within the antivirus program can look like a virus to a different program, resulting in ‘false positives’.
- Ensure your Firewall software is always running
- Keep your operating system current by regularly checking for updates, or have automatic updates switched on.
- Never open an email attachment unless you were expecting to receive it, even if it is from a trusted source. If a friend’s computer is compromised many viruses will email themselves to everyone in the contact list of the infected computer.
- Never download files from the internet unless you trust the source. Huge amounts of malware is unwittingly downloaded from file sharing sites.
- Finally, keep regular backups of your files – just in case.
Spyware and Virus Removal
If you suspect your computer has a virus or some other nasty infection, give us a call to see how we can help you.